please fill out the survey!
$5000 cash award + solo exhibition at Pelham Art Center
- Art+Design Building Tours – An in-depth look at the facilities offered at the Purchase College School of Art+Design – Tours depart every 10 minutes, between 9:30am-11:30am
- Campus Tours – This comprehensive tour included classroom buildings, residence halls, dining facilities, the library, and more – Tours depart every 10 minutes, between 9:30am-11:30am
- School of Art+Design Information and Q&A Session with the Director at 10:30am
PORTFOLIO REVIEWS run from 12 NOON to 4pm. As is the case with all National Portfolio Days, reviews are granted on a first come, first served basis.
If you pre-register and bring a printed copy of your confirmation email, you will not need to fill out any paperwork and can head to “Express Registration” anytime after 9am when arriving on campus. There you will receive a map and locations of schools. You are then invited to wait outside for the doors to reviews to open (at 12pm). You are also invited and encouraged to take advantage of the tours and info sessions available that morning. TO PRE-REGISTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Please note, doors to enter any building WILL NOT BE OPEN UNTIL 12PM, rain or shine. Please plan accordingly.
colleges sending representatives include
- Art Center College of Design
- College of New Rochelle
- FIDM Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Hartford Art School/University of Hartford
- Lehman College
- Manhattanville College
- Mercy College
- Moore College of Art & Design
- New York Institute of Technology
- Pratt Institute
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston
- School of Visual Arts
- SUNY New Paltz
- SUNY Oswego
- SUNY Potsdam
- SUNY Purchase – School of Art + Design
Course Evaluation Period is Tuesday, November 4 – Monday, November 24
instructions for taking the survey
ACCESS THE <mycourseval LINK:
If you’re completing the survey in a college computer lab, the default screen will provide a direct link to: https://P4.courseval.net/etw/ets/et.asp?nxappid=4I2&nxmid=start
Other ways for accessing the link from any computer:
- MyWCC portal: https://mywcc.sunywcc.edu – see CENTER column.
- The college web site: http://www.sunywcc.edu/evaluations
- Check your WCC email for a message containing the direct link.
- Log into <mycourseval by entering your WCC user ID and password
- You will see your list of available surveys. Then click on Take Survey
- The survey will open and you’ll see all the available questions. Submit when finished
- If more than one of your courses has been selected, you may continue on with the next survey or return to the <mycourseval link later.
museum visit, video screening, restaurant dinner – and it’s all free! you’ve got to sign up by Oct 28
full details here
October 16, 2014
Dear Westchester Community College Art Student,
If you are looking for a college with a professional program in the visual arts to continue your education, you may find Fredonia appropriate to your future educational and career goals. Our BA and BFA degree sequences within the Department of Visual Arts and New Media are designed to provide you with the appropriate experience, background, and skill sets you should expect from a comprehensive four-year program in the visual arts.
We believe our Visual Arts and New Media concentrations and majors, when viewed collectively, stand up to the most competitive schools in the region and state. Committed faculty, small class sizes and a student faculty ratio of approximately 10:1 ensure personal attention for the student dedicated to success.
The fact that Fredonia is a comprehensive liberal arts college means that we can offer students a wider range of possibilities than can be found at a conservatory. At Fredonia, if you desire to do so, you will have the opportunity to pursue a double major, or minor, in a field that either complements your career goals in the visual arts or that may satisfy a diversity of personal academic interests. Whatever your choice, you will be able to work closely with both your departmental advisor and area faculty to discuss professional options as you progress through our program.
At Fredonia we fully understand the complexities and considerations inherent in selecting a college to attend. Cost, quality, access to faculty, student support services, and so much more must be part of the decision making process. I invite you to explore Fredonia State University College at http://www.fredonia.edu/index.html become more familiar with our College of Visual and Performing Arts at http://www.fredonia.edu/cvpa/ and visit the Department of Visual Art and New Media at http://www.fredonia.edu/department/art/.
Please don’t hesitate to contact my office directly with any questions or concerns.
SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor
College of Visual and Performing Arts
Chair, Visual Arts and New Media
- Sunday, October 26
- noon – 3 pm
- Metropolitan Pavillion: 123 W 18 ST, 5th Floor
- registration required: http://www.saic.edu/admissions/ug/admissionsevents/saicdays/